lawn mower repair questions

My lawn mower got so it wouldn't start and so I suspected a fuel line blockage. If I tip the lawnmower toward the front so that gravity gets gas to the engine it starts (after I put in mower back level of course) but it stops after 2 or 3 seconds.

I took the fuel line off but there is no blockage. There is no blockage in the tank. Could I need a new carburetor? What would cause the gas to not be able to get to the engine when the mower is level but allow gas to get there when the mover is tiped toward the front?

Is there a fuel pump on a lawn mower? I don't think so but I don't understand exactly how fuel is drawn into the engine.

I have the whole mower torn apart. I had to take the carburetor off just to get to the fuel line so while I have everything torn apart I'd like to get some advice.

Thanks, gb

Reply to
gb

Carburator rebuild,

Reply to
mark Ransley

fuel is supplied by gravity

disconnect gas line at carb check for fuel flow

if flow is god up at line where connects to carb check the float & bowl in the carb for dirt, water, plugged jet etc. good luck

Reply to
Dr. Doctor

There is a lot more to fixing lawn mowers than you appear to know. We need to know what the brand, model, type of carb, horse power, and type of engine. I know of four or five different brands of engine, and one of them has five different types of carb. Please provide us more information.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And how do you know, given such little information?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Could you please take your religious pitches somewhere else?

steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

About the same way you know allllll about refrigeration, given your recent post in alt.hvac, from only 2 years of installs as a monkey and not even a tech, and not even licenced on top of that.

Reply to
CBHvac

Hey Stormin Mormin you dont agree with me, so whats your idea on this. To me Its obviously a fuel problem none other. Probably float. So you Clean- Rebuild the carb. Unless you think its the Flux Capicator Hygrometer backfeeding

Reply to
mark Ransley

mark Ransley Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Hope the original poster writes back and tells us what is really wrong with it...after it's fixed

IMO, I still believe it's the plug.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

Hey Thunder 3 Struck , spilled your beer aye , This guy cant start the mower unless he LIFTS the mower ... No plug problem here,, You are thinking of a different post- "removing plug to fire"... = different post. This is a carb problem. Prob a bad float.

Reply to
mark Ransley

CBHvac Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Yo yo, homie!

Well shit! You mean I've been arguing a point FROM ANOTHER POST for

2 days?

Hell.. I'm off to bed.

Well, maybe after playing "Poke the spammer" on our home group.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

LOL...what a damn Monday...

HEHEHHEHEHE.....yuppers......(SLAP)

Bulls

THATS more like it...LOL

Reply to
CBHvac

CBHvac Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Looks like Flopps got into that action too.

However, when did he switch to Earthlink?

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck