Lawn Mower Repair Question

I have a 6 yr old Sears Poulon Pro 22"/w a 6hp B&S Quantum. Anyway I just rebuilt the carberator on it. I put the complete B&S carb kit on it. My problem is, it works great for a little while, but after it sits for a little while, something happens with the float or float needle and the thing starts leaking gas out of the throat until it emptys my tank. Its one of those kind with the primer bulb. I'm using clean freash gas and a clean tank. I've taken it apart a second time. After putting it back together, being very carefull with assembly of needle and float, same senario? I've already ruined two new air filters with gas soaking into them and they aren't cheap.

you may need to adjust the float since it is not shutting off the fuel when the bowl gets full.Usually you will bend up the tab that the needle rests a little bit to seat the needle sooner.
digitalmaster wrote:

Thanks D.M., I Think that did the trick. I know when I rebuilt the carb on my 52 Ford 8N, the kit came with a ruler that you measured the float. Idon't know I I didn't think of that before?

Excellent! But, if you find that it doesn't quite do the trick check your float to be sure that no gas has migrated into it. Just shake it and you will be able to hear any liquid inside.
Since you didn't ask a question, I will only agree with you. Yep, sounds like you have leaky gasoline.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.