Lawn Mower Pull Cord Stuck

I borrowed my sisters lawn mower last year as our is broke. I went out to start it this year and it seems the rip cord is stuck. It will not move at all.

What do I need to do to get it so I can pull it again.

It is a Murray Select brand.

I really do not want to get 2 lawn mowers serviced.

Please help.

Thanks Just Me

Reply to
JustMe

The important question is whether the recoil start assembly is in operating order or not -- and a non- moving cord does not tell us that. The starter module must be disassembled (preferably by someone who has done it before) to see whether any parts have broken or it just needs adjustment.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Are you sure you depressed the blade brake handle before attempting to pull the cord? It won't move without doing this. Also the cable that controls the blade brake may be stuck. Apply and release it a number of times. This may free it up. If so lubricate the moving parts.

Reply to
John Lawrence