Lawn mower problem...

As I understand it, the float valve controls the fuel level, needle valves control fuel mixture.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

MAJOR NIPS

Got the float and the cab kit here locally (Roy Boys, Tigard , OR) and some great advice from the parts counter guy about removing the old jet and reseating the new one.

First time I ever played with the insides of a carb.

It now runs perfectly.

Thanks to all who helped with the diagnosis and pointing to the float.

Drained fuel out of the old float for about a half hour.

Sixteen bucks in parts, supported a local merchan, avoided a $ 75.00 labor bill and leared a new skill.

Thanks folks.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

That's what we like to hear.