Lawn mower help needed

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 10 May 2016 23:04:39 -0400, Micky

It would change the ignition timing - but virtually unheard of in anything other than a vertical shaft single cyl direct drive rotary mower.
This machine is neithe a direct drive nor a single cyl, and is most likely NOT a vertical shaft engine (although it COULD be).

No spark if the safety switch(es) bad - so your guess is an uneducated guess - and is wrong. One other thing you forgot that is required foran engine to run - "squeeze" or compression - 110 isn't bad - 80 is a bit low. Try putting in 2 brand new plugs of the recommended type.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

An uneducated guess? I've had a mowing business for almost 33 years. 1) I don't profess to be a mechanic. 2) I've never had a mower with a seat safety switch.
That said - can a safety switch not ground to chassis, or magneto and still receive a spark? As stated, not a mechanic.
What I DO know is this - I've used twin cylinder Onans, Kohlers, and for the last number of years, Kawasaki. NEVER have I had engine failure as a result of a bad plug OR a gas cap vent being plugged up. Maybe a push mower won't start as a result of debris between the electrode and the ground electrode... but that's about it. A spark plug will usually last for years. Also, 80-110 pounds of pressure is plenty. The OP would have seen other symptoms if he had a problem such as a bad valve, broken or worn rings. He mentioned no such foreshadowing problems. But hey, thanks for the smartass comment.
On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 3:18:30 PM UTC-4, 83LowRider wrote:

Two problems with that theory.
1 - In his original post he says there is spark and every safety switch I've ever seen that stops the engine does it by cutting the ignition.
2 - In the newer post he has it running. It's clearly an issue of fuel starvation from the new symptoms.
Any easy way to check fuel pump delivery? If I hold a gas container overhead (gravity feed) and the problem goes away, can I suspect the pump?
YES!!!!