Lawn Mower Help

I recently bought a new home (at least new to me!). The previous owner is deceased and as part of the sale I acquired his riding lawn mower. It is a Sentinel E3912000 12 HP, 39 Inch cut. So far I have not been able to find a owners manual for this mower. I was told it was made by Murray but their website offers no leads. I searched the web and only thing I could find was one usenet message also looking for a owners manual. I emailed the sender of the message and the message came back right away as "user unknown" Any help would be appreciated!

Butch snipped-for-privacy@atlanticbb.net

Reply to
kd3yt

kd,

I bet just about any lawn mower repair shop will recognize this mower as an MTD or a Murray. Take it down, get it serviced, and have them order a manual. I 'm assuming that you've already failed to find the manufacturer's tag that would be on the chassis somewhere.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Dave, Yes I did find the tag. Mower was manufactured by Noma Outdoors Products which is no longer in business. I believe Murray bought them out. Will check with the repair shop on the manual as I have already servied it. thanks for the reply.

Reply to
kd3yt

Hi I too own a Murray Sentinel ride on mower and am having difficulty in putting the new fanbelt on it any assistance would be appreciated please don't call me a silly woman because if this I just want to get my mower going Sue

Reply to
sachiko