Lawn mower: gas leaking into oil (or vice versa)?

I have a 4-cycle Lawn Boy mower a bit less than two years old with a Techumseh engine. I noticed today that it had leaked most of its oil onto the ground below it in the garage. Last week it performed perfectly normally.
This week, it was almost out of gas when I went to fill it, and it was when I moved it that I saw the oil on the floor below, and the oil dipstick showed it was barely at the "ADD" line. There was also a small amount of oil on the deck of the mower itself, but the vast majority was below it. Because both the gas and the oil were almost gone (and I rarely use even 1/2 tank of gas per cutting), this led me to wonder if the gas had somehow leaked into the oil (or vice versa) and then the entire mixture somehow leaked out of the engine.
Does anyone know what part(s) may have failed to allow this to happen and what may have caused such a failure?
Thanks! -- Vinnie
Take it to a warranty repair shop , it is stil under warranty
went to fill it, and it was when

the carb is leaking into the oil. at the least you need a techumseh part number 631021 needle and seat kit and possibly a 632700 float. then change the oil. if you need the bowl gasket it's a 631028 Chip