Lawn Maintenance

Lawn Maintenance is an essential part of home improvement, if you property looks bad, your home looks bad.
We have been compiling articles about proper lawn maintenance & landscaping - and we would love all and any help.
If you are interested in writing an article or adding comments / suggestions to previous articles posted we would love to add them to our site along with your name and a link to any website/blog that you desire.
even if you are not interested in adding to the website - you still may find alot of usefull information on the site to help you 'spiff' up your lawn.
Thank You!

Here's my article:
1) Mow it correctly. 2) Go do something else.
Repeat as needed.

some people like to take care of their lawn. sorry if i offended you

some people like to take care of their lawn. sorry if i offended you
======== What do you mean by "take care of", other than "mow correctly"?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Akin to the difference between a buzz-cut no-scissor barber and a hair salon, methinks. My yard is more the former, most of my neighbors the latter. I only get out the string trimmer when the mailbox disappears. My neighbors pretend not to care, but I can tell they look down their noses at me. As long as it covers the dirt, I'm happy. About 5 different shades of green and shapes of grass blades in my front yard, from the annual patch kit applications to cover the bare spots caused by moles and the idiot plow driver thinking the low spot in my front yard is a dandy place to push snow off, seeing as how I am halfway up a straight stretch. I keep meaning to buy a couple driveway boulders, but the delivery charge around here is more than the cost of the rocks.
--
aem sends...

I'll edge the lawn with a vengeance once or twice a season. But I'm fishing for a different answer, and I'm pretty good at knowing what kinds of fish are swimming under the boat. Stand by.

.
and by lawn care - not 'good mowing' i ment weed control, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping, ect. gardening things of the such.
Jeff wrote:

So basically you want people to write articles you can make into a webpage with ads so you can rake in the BIG BUCK$ you learned about on that infomercial.
FOAD, spammer trash.
Jon

.
Fertilize, weed control, bug control, watering.

Fertilize, weed control, bug control, watering. ==================
If you need weed control, bug control, and watering, you're growing the wrong thing in your yard. That's true of the vast majority of lawns in this country. It's a tradition which has no place in the growing environment for most of the country. Thank the original colonists for this mistake. They wanted their homes to look like what they left behind in England.

And that would be what is called your opinion. I happen to like having a nice looking St Augustine lawn.
Jeff wrote:

And what site is that exactly?
--
LSMFT

www.blaircountylawnservice.com
i apologize.
Spammer without contact info? How gauche!
If you LEARN TO CAPITALIZE you can probably make millions of dollars from rich widows, who will wire the money to the deposed king living in Algeria, though the rightful hear to Nigeria.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

www.blaircountylawnservice.com *
Jeff wrote:

Here is a story for your website. Sorry I don't know who the author is.
God and Grass!
GOD: Frank, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on down there on that planet? What happened to the dandelions, violets, thistle and stuff I started eons ago? I had a perfect no-maintenance garden plan. Those plants grow in any type of soil, withstand drought and multiply with abandon. The nectar from the long-lasting blossoms attracts butterflies, honey bees and flocks of songbirds. I expected to see a vast garden of colors by now. But, all I see are these green rectangles.
ST. FRANCIS: It's the tribes that settled there, Lord. The Suburbanites. They started calling your flowers "weeds" and went to great lengths to kill them and replace them with grass.
GOD : Grass? But, it's so boring. It's not colorful. It doesn't attract butterflies and birds and bees. It attracts grubs and sod worms, and it's sensitive to temperatures. Do these Suburbanites really want all that grass growing there?
ST. FRANCIS : Apparently so, Lord. They go to great pains to grow it and keep it green. They begin each spring by fertilizing grass and poisoning any other plant that crops up in the lawn.
GOD: The spring rains and warm weather probably make grass grow really fast. That must make the Suburbanites happy.
ST. FRANCIS : Apparently not, Lord. As soon as it grows a little, they cut it -- sometimes twice a week.
GOD : They cut it? Do they then bale it like hay?
ST. FRANCIS: Not exactly, Lord. Most of them rake it up and put it in bags.
GOD: They bag it? Why? Is it a cash crop? Do they sell it?
ST. FRANCIS : No, Sir, just the opposite. They pay to throw it away.
GOD : Now, let me get this straight. They fertilize grass, so it will grow. And, when it does grow, they cut it off and pay to throw it away?
ST. FRANCIS : Yes, Sir.
GOD : These Suburbanites must be relieved in the summer when we cut back on the rain and turn up the heat. That surely slows the growth and saves them a lot of work.
ST. FRANCIS: You aren't going to believe this, Lord. When the grass stops growing so fast, they drag out hoses and pay more money to water it, so they can continue to mow it and pay to get rid of it.
GOD: What nonsense! At least they kept some of the trees. That was a sheer stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. The trees grow leaves in the spring to provide beauty and shade in the summer. In the autumn, they fall to the ground and form a natural blanket to keep moisture in the soil and protect the trees and bushes.. It's a natural cycle of life.
ST. FRANCIS : You better sit down, Lord. The Suburbanites have drawn a new circle. As soon as the leaves fall, they rake them into great piles and pay to have them hauled away.
GOD : No! What do they do to protect the shrub and tree roots in the winter? How do they keep the soil moist and loose?
ST. FRANCIS : After throwing away the leaves, they go out and buy something which they call mulch. They haul it home and spread it around in place of the leaves.
GOD: And where do they get this mulch?
ST. FRANCIS : They cut down trees and grind them up to make the mulch.
GOD : Enough! I don't want to think about this anymore. St. Catherine, you're in charge of the arts. What movie have you scheduled for us tonight?
ST. CATHERINE: "Dumb and Dumber," Lord. It's a story about . . .
GOD: Never mind! I think I just heard the whole story from St. Francis.

lol that is actually a funny story - i would post it but i think it may drive people away from lawn care and not bring them in.