lawn/garden ng?

I could of swore that I used to read a lawn and garden newsgroup, was there one? If so, what happened to it? My question for that group would of been about a chainsaw. I am going to need one come springtime and I have no idea who makes a good chainsaw. It will be used for general maintenance around the house and friends/family houses. Also I will be taking it with me when I go off-road in case I have to do any trailblazing. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
xyz789 wrote:

rec.gardens
I like Echo chainsaws. Stihl is just as good or better if you get a commercial model, but not the consumer line. AFAIK, all Echos are commercial duty. I have an Echo saw that's 20 years old and going strong; the only problem is some of the parts are no longer available.
Best regards, Bob

Ditto on Echo. My husband uses a chainsaw in his line of work as a farmer who prunes many farms and he swears by Echo. He buys a new chain saw about every 3 or 4 years and it is always an Echo.
aloha, Thunder http://www.smithfarms.com Farmers & Sellers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

news:rec.gardens or news:misc.rural might be good venues-
Jim