lawn fertilizer

clipped

Check the numbers, check the price, then check the spread rate. For some folks, a "bag of fertilizer" is all they need. If you check the numbers, the price is probably close for per-pound of nitrogen. But, then, all the nitrogen in the world won't "green up" grass in real alkaline soil, because it needs iron to use the nitrogen. Some sandy soil is high in - phos? pot? - I forget which, so watch the p that you put on sandy lawns :o)

Reply to
NorMinn

I've been using Lessco Starter Fertilizer all year long on an established long with excellent results. The ratio is 12-10-10 or something close to that. My neighbors always ask me what I use for fertilizer. I treat the weeds separately with a weed killer spray that attaches to the hose.

Reply to
Tillio