Lawn Chair Repairs

I hope someone on this excellent group can help me with this question.
We have some lawn/deck chairs which have the rubbery slats that are strectched onto the frame and support the cushions. Many of these have deteriorated and need to be replaced. Do they sell repair kits for these things anywhere or is there a company that does repairs? I'd hate to junk the chairs, which are otherwise in great shape, just because of this problem.
ps. I'm in the Greater Toronto Area.
Thanks for all replies.
Peter H
Peter H wrote:

I've seen them. I would guess you'd have to ask the manufacturer of the chair. Ones I saw had to be soaked in a bucket of very hot water for stretching on.
On Tue, 5 May 2009 16:25:49 -0700 (PDT), Peter H

There are basically 2 systems. You can have a hole in one end of each strap and a plastic pin or there are a couple kinds of clips (round or square frame) Poke around the net and you will find several vendors. I have 200' of beige strap I will never use, make me an offer.

I've bought from these guys. The material may be available at your local home store also. You can buy in bulk or you can buy pre-cut slats. They have to be heated to stretch over the frame. Not a big deal to do.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

belt' style or the tubing. But the ultra-cheap cast resin chairs sold for the last 10-15 years have made low-end multi-piece chairs almost a thing of the past. Selection jumps right from the <$10 plastic, to the >$50 cast metal frame things.
-- aem sends...

I don't know about Toronto but in Ottawa the local organization for people with mental handicaps used to maintain an excellent sheltered workshop for exactly this type of repair. I do not know what sort of PC name such institutions nowadays use, but Google may help.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
Peter H ha scritto:

Hello Peter, I was just searching the net to see if I could find some info on where to get the exact same material as I am having the same issues with my chairs. The patio set is very nice and in excellent shape so I certainly don't want to replace it. Have you had any luck locating the material to make these repairs? If you have please provide me with the details. I am looking for the rubbery slats in charcoal grey.
Thanks, Susan
--
Send from http://www.nonsolonews.net