Lawn Care

Hey all, first time homeowner here, looking for someone to direct me to a good web resource on how to care for your lawn yourself. Google turns up mainly ads.
I live in Canada, which means we get some heavy weather in winter, and I want to get some info on steps to take now that the snow has melted.

Scotts puts out some very good information. Try their web site.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Frankly they put out a lot of good advertising. Following their advice will give you a good lawn with four times the chemicals needed to have a great lawn.
In the US we have county extension services, you have a similar government sponsored group. They will give you great local information without the commercial hype and it's free. Any local university with an Ag department is likely to have a web site with information as well. Just make sure your information is local.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Pick a US state with similar growing conditions to yours and look at the .edu sites from a land grant college. I can't recall what Canada's version of a cooperative extension service is but in the US every county of every state has one. Forget Scotts they just want to sell you product.

Check out this discussion group: http://www.lawnsite.com /
Good luck