Lawmover repair question

I have Toro 6.5 Self propelled lawn mover. The mover cuts off when I move it backwards. I replaced the air filter and the spark plug but it still seems to be doing the same thing. No problems when i depress the leveler to move it forward or keep it running in one position.
Any suggestions Thanks
Add pictures here
✖

There'd a loose part involved with the control shorting out the ignition. Keep looking, and gpod luck.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
What's a mover? What's a leveller? I mean, I've helped people move house, but never as a part of a mower. I've levelled things, but not as a lawn mower part.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

But.. he got his point across so what difference does it make that he can't write coherently or spell simple words correctly? Right?
It amazes the hell out of me how diehard lunatic political conservatives turn into bleeding heart liberals when the subject of literacy comes up. They will jump on your ass for complaining about poor spelling and grammar... "Who are you to criticize?" is their battle cry.
Aren't these people the same ones complaining about the growing Spanish-speaking segment of the United States? Aren't these the same people who want to make a law that says English is the only language spoken in the United States?
That is called being a hypocrite.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 29, 10:25 am, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

I found the Miss Type humorous. Lawn Mover. I just have funny images in my head. "Honey? Have you moved the lawn to the north side of the house this week?" Just an innocent poking of fun at the OP himself. ;) I couldn't care about mispeellings or bad gramerr.
Add pictures here
✖
A five horse lawn mover. That gives me mental images.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Brings back memories of the Cheech & Chong audio tape of The Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin' Course.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Woodhead_Speed_Reading_Course
Add pictures here
✖
Red Green wrote:

You mean 'Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin CURSE', man. Can't you spell?
/sarc off
Add pictures here
✖

No, no spells. My grandma used to get spells...
Add pictures here
✖

Where's Dave?
Add pictures here
✖

Dave??? Dave's not here, man.
Add pictures here
✖
are you the SPEEL CHECK POLICE, GET A LIFE
Shanghai McCoy wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
I don't want English as the language of the US. I want American. I'm not barmy enough to motor to my flat in my lorry. Stopping at the ironmonger for a flex, cause my torch is out and I need a light in the other room.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If lawn mowers these days are like lawn tractors, they are designed to kill the engine if you back up with the blade engaged. Apparently there was a rash of people running over themselves while backing up a lawn mower or something??? In that case, there is either a button or a switch position that allows you to do back up "safely".
Add pictures here
✖

I dont think what you are describing has a logical reason, call toro. I have a toro, I know of no control that would cause that to happen
Add pictures here
✖