Lawmover repair question

I have Toro 6.5 Self propelled lawn mover. The mover cuts off when I move it backwards. I replaced the air filter and the spark plug but it still seems to be doing the same thing. No problems when i depress the leveler to move it forward or keep it running in one position.

Any suggestions Thanks

Reply to
david

There'd a loose part involved with the control shorting out the ignition. Keep looking, and gpod luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

What's a mover? What's a leveller? I mean, I've helped people move house, but never as a part of a mower. I've levelled things, but not as a lawn mower part.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If lawn mowers these days are like lawn tractors, they are designed to kill the engine if you back up with the blade engaged. Apparently there was a rash of people running over themselves while backing up a lawn mower or something??? In that case, there is either a button or a switch position that allows you to do back up "safely".

Reply to
Andrew Duane

But.. he got his point across so what difference does it make that he can't write coherently or spell simple words correctly? Right?

It amazes the hell out of me how diehard lunatic political conservatives turn into bleeding heart liberals when the subject of literacy comes up. They will jump on your ass for complaining about poor spelling and grammar... "Who are you to criticize?" is their battle cry.

Aren't these people the same ones complaining about the growing Spanish-speaking segment of the United States? Aren't these the same people who want to make a law that says English is the only language spoken in the United States?

That is called being a hypocrite.

Reply to
mkirsch1

I dont think what you are describing has a logical reason, call toro. I have a toro, I know of no control that would cause that to happen

Reply to
ransley

I found the Miss Type humorous. Lawn Mover. I just have funny images in my head. "Honey? Have you moved the lawn to the north side of the house this week?" Just an innocent poking of fun at the OP himself. ;) I couldn't care about mispeellings or bad gramerr.

Reply to
Paul

A five horse lawn mover. That gives me mental images.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Paul wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com:

Brings back memories of the Cheech & Chong audio tape of The Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin' Course.

Red Green

You mean 'Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin CURSE', man. Can't you spell?

/sarc off

Reply to
Shanghai McCoy

Shanghai McCoy wrote in news:IaSjk.3095$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.iad:

No, no spells. My grandma used to get spells...

Reply to
Red Green

Where's Dave?

Reply to
amdx

I don't want English as the language of the US. I want American. I'm not barmy enough to motor to my flat in my lorry. Stopping at the ironmonger for a flex, cause my torch is out and I need a light in the other room.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"amdx" wrote in news:2f7f8$48904fc8$18d6b40c$ snipped-for-privacy@KNOLOGY.NET:

Dave??? Dave's not here, man.