Lavatory Faucet Brands

I need to replace my bathroom faucets. The ones I have now are Delta - mid-price range. Something is happening that I have never seen before. They are made out of chrome and the chrome seems to be peeling off. Don't know if it's cheap faucets or something I cleaned them with. They are about 5 years old. I've looked at replacements and really like a set made by Glacier Park but it costs even less than what I paid for the ones I have and DH thinks I'm wasting money because I'll (he'll) have to replace them sooner. Anybody on here know what's causing the problem and have any experience with Glacier Park brands. Thanks.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

Could you mean "Glacier Bay" from Home Depot? We have them in both bathrooms in the gold trim, and one has been there for several years and still looks and works like new...So far they seem pretty good... John

Reply to
John

Thanks. Yes, I saw them at HD so the name probably is Glacier Bay.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

I've had a Glacier Bay kitchen set for about 3 years, and it still looks and operates like new.

Reply to
PhotoMan

Glacier "Bay" faucets (if my memory serves) are based on the Delta design and will accept Delta parts. The peeling chrome on your current faucets is likely due to contamination during the plating process and can affect any brand sold at any cost.

J.P.

Reply to
TinMan1332

I just pulled some off the internet for our new home. American-Standard brand is what we're getting. In particular, we chose the SEVA solid brass ones # 1480.104.002 These are the same ones we used in our last place. I looked at Home Depot and a couple of competitors today and saw only cheap junk

Have a look at:

and play around with their SEARCH feature.

Reply to
Rudy