Laundry tub faucet

I have a need to replace my laundry tub and faucet with a faucet that looks like this one:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
I have one just like it, and its mounted to a block of wood. I guess I could re-use that wood, but, does someone make something especially for this faucet?
Best I can tell it's for the old porcelain laundry tubs that had 1" thick wall all around. Nowadays they're not that thick, are they?
Just wondering is all.
E.L.Mustee makes a faucet mounting block. I'm sure there are many others as well, such as Fiat.
HTH, Lefty