Laundry tip

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10459922_10152105401251790_6012571407772927079_n.jpg

LOL! Thanks that made my day!
On Monday, June 30, 2014 6:42:57 AM UTC-7, Robert Macy wrote:
te:

05401251790_6012571407772927079_n.jpg

Roger that! It had to come.
All sorts of idiot warnings required by lawyers. (Grumble: Trend is part of nobody taking responsibility for their own actions???)
Annual gas heater inspection: Gas co. man said that they're told to keep t emp. "medium" so people won't burn themselves. But also said (your opinion ??) it's more efficient at higher temp. I had him set it higher.
HB
On 6/30/2014 2:02 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Ask yourself, who fosters this shit?
Hint: who's in charge?
On 6/30/2014 2:42 PM, Frank wrote:

Formerly, the US citizens. We had representative government. Now, we have Our Nation's Leaders.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

but, but.......it's for the chillren!!
On 07/01/2014 05:02 AM, J Burns wrote:

In that case it would be cheaper (cost of hot water wise) to just get a larger heater and not heat it so hot, as a larger water heater is more effecient than a smaller water heater (due to there being less cooling surface area), and heat loss from a water heater is not a linear function as the temperature is increased.
Jon
On 7/1/14, 10:02 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

I agree, but if it takes more hot water to make your household efficient, it might be more cost efficient to turn up the temperature than to buy a new water heater... just to argue!

How large would it have to be to not have to heat the water at all?

DerbyDad03 wrote:

It depends on your location, as well as how far below the surface you can place the heater to take advantage of the geothermal gradient (~1F per 70 feet).
Assuming your incoming water is 55F, placing the heater one mile below the surface would keep the water at a temperature of about 130F, not accounting for losses.
You might have to run the tap for a little bit, though.
Jon

1/2" copper at 5gpm, only for 12 minutes. But I'm not even going to pretend to figure out how much it would have cooled in the trip.

What kind of wimpy pump are you using? I've got one of these collecting dust in the shed. 'Bout time I put it to work.
http://gizmodo.com/5800072/the-worlds-largest-water-pump-moves-15-olympic-sized-swimming-pools-every-minute
In article

It's not the pump. I went with 5gpm since I thought I remembered that was what the government allowed in a faucet. Looking around a bit on line it seems it's actually 2.5gpm. So you'd have to run the tap for 24 minutes.

If I'm going to bury a water heater 1 mile down into the earth and use the world's largest pump to get the water to the surface, I seriously doubt I'm going to worry about the government regs related to faucet flow rates.
I've got one of these out in the garage just waiting to be hooked up to that pump:
https://socialgraphics.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/socialmediafaucet.jpg