Laundry Room "Flood Saver"

I'm re-doing my laundry room and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with "Flood Saver" washing machine drain pan?
http://www.floodsaver.com /
I had thought about simply installing a shower pan - it would be cheaper - but this is specifically designed for laundry rooms. One of the things I found most interesting is their method of preventing the P-trap from drying out - use vegetable oil in the P-trap instead of water - it won't evaporate.
Any suggestions?
I'm re-doing my laundry room and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with "Flood Saver" washing machine drain pan?
http://www.floodsaver.com /
I had thought about simply installing a shower pan - it would be cheaper - but this is specifically designed for laundry rooms. One of the things I found most interesting is their method of preventing the P-trap from drying out - use vegetable oil in the P-trap instead of water - it won't evaporate.
Any suggestions?

Hi,
This one is cheaper.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N(00
There is also some good flood stop preventers on the market.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N6459
jeff.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote in message

Hi,
The floodstopper sensors here http://www.smartsensortechnologies.com are more useful - they will shut off the water if there's a problem, so there's no worry about your pan overflowing. Which can happen if you're away for the day or weekend... I know from experience :( Also, they provide whole room protection - say if you've got a water heater and other appliances in the same room that can leak in addition to your washing machine.
Hope this helps.
Dave