Laundry Room "Flood Saver"

I'm re-doing my laundry room and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with "Flood Saver" washing machine drain pan?

I had thought about simply installing a shower pan - it would be cheaper - but this is specifically designed for laundry rooms. One of the things I found most interesting is their method of preventing the P-trap from drying out - use vegetable oil in the P-trap instead of water - it won't evaporate.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Larry Davick

I'm re-doing my laundry room and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with "Flood Saver" washing machine drain pan?

I had thought about simply installing a shower pan - it would be cheaper - but this is specifically designed for laundry rooms. One of the things I found most interesting is their method of preventing the P-trap from drying out - use vegetable oil in the P-trap instead of water - it won't evaporate.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Larry Davick

Hi,

This one is cheaper....

There is also some good flood stop preventers on the market....
jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hi,

The floodstopper sensors here

more useful - they will shut off the water if there's a problem, so there's no worry about your pan overflowing. Which can happen if you're away for the day or weekend... I know from experience :( Also, they provide whole room protection - say if you've got a water heater and other appliances in the same room that can leak in addition to your washing machine.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Reply to
Dave