laundry chute

anyone know who sells these, did a web search and can only find the chute door.

try an HVAC company. a laundry chute is just SS ductwork (oilless) .
Hi, I made one with concrete pouring tube. The big paper tube(pipe?) which is used for pouring concrete pillar. Works well. From upstairs to basement laundry room. My last house had one made of HVAC duct material. Tony
AAA wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:

There is one issue here, that the chute must be constructed of non-combustible materials to prevent fire spread between floors. Jim
Hi, Good point. Local code here may be different. When house was built inspector did not mention anything. Tony
Speedy Jim wrote:

of. That is why you want a solid tight lid on the top, balanced or spring-mounted so it CAN'T be left open. I'd also put a smoke alarm right over the top of it. (NB- if you have kids and small pets, chute is best left nailed shut till kids are old enough to know better and/or pet can defend itself.) As to what the chute is made of- back when my father's company built lots of houses with chutes (late 50s to early 70s), the chutes were always unstained/unpainted finish grade plywood, glued'n'screwed into a solid square tube, and put in place before the house was rocked. Never had any problem with snags.
aem sends....

the only problem was the smell that was absorbed into the wood. SS does not carry bacteria or odors like wood will.

pre-made chutes can be found here. http://www.laundry-chute.com /