Latex Primer and Drywall Mud

I've had a heck of a time lately with a few drywall repair projects getting latex primer to stick to dry wall mud/compound
First off, I live in a jurisdiction that frowns upon oil based paints and primers, axes them and makes them harder to buy, secondly my wife requests that I use latex primers.
In the last 2 years I've used latex primers from Glidden, Zinsser 1-2-3 and BIN and Kilz2.
Just recently I used Kilz Premimin (not Kilz2 but a different product) latex on my Mother-in-laws home on some repair. I still get the odd peeling primer on my mud jobs. So I'm wondering if anyone here has got some tips to using latex primer on mud.
How long are the cure times and how long before I can put tape on the primer? Yes I'm cleaning and dusting my cured mudding
I think I've been doing something wrong but if anyone else has the same issues...

I've never had that problem, what kind of mud are you using???? I always let mud dry several hours, and if I am really in a hurry, I use a hair dryer, but then still wait a couple of hours for the subsurface mositure to work its way out.
On 7/22/2012 11:40 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Good question, been using USG/CGC products, usually the pre-mix in a small pail. Always takes me two attempts to fill a tape job or patch.
Sand with 180 or 220 grit. Usually let it dry a day then sand then wipe, let dry for 2 hours then prime.

100-120?

They are a bit harder to sand, but setting type compounds are more reliable wet or dry than premixed. FWIW, I gave up on premixed years ago after adhesion, peeling, and other problems, even nasty mold growing in the containers.
Joe

I've used both types, never made a distinction in terms of paintability.