Latex paint on shop floor HELP

Got done painting my shop , well, I thought I was doing pretty good as I put drop cloths down everywhere. Well, evidently the step ladder ripped a hole in one cloth. I went and picked up all the cloths and I have a big spot of paint that seeped throuigh the hole in the cloth. Is there any secrets to removing latex paint from a cement floor ? Or any products out there that do a good job ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Denatured alcohol, Goof off, paint remover, old vodka, gin etc . Even soap and water, wet a soapy towel leave it sit for hours it will loosen. Sooner the better before it cures.

Reply to
m Ransley

I am afreaid it has probably already cured as it has been a couple of days. Is there still hope ? Have to go to work right now and will try something tonight. Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Reply to
nospambob

A couple days is not long - the paint isn't cured. m Ransley has the right idea. Try the denatured alcohol first - I'm sure its cheaper than Goof Off, though I like Goof Off.

Either way, you'll need a good stiff scrub brush.

tip: If I don't know whether existing paint is latex or oil, I use denatured alcohol. Denatured alcohol will cut into the latex but not the oil-based.

Reply to
Hopkins