latex paint mistake - can this be fixed without repainting entire wall?

An hour after painting a wall with latex egg shell paint, I noticed a paint drip. I stupidly scraped the paint drip and caused a hole in the latext paint. Since the surrounding area on the wall has a nice thick skin of paint, how to do I build up an equally thick skin of paint on the wall so that it all looks even?

Reply to
Garrett

Use a tiny brush like you would for a model car and fill in the hole with paint. Then paint a few more layers on for a couple feet around there.. it'll get to be so where only you can notice it but nobody else can.

With latex pa> An hour after painting a wall with latex egg shell paint, I noticed a

Reply to
roger61611

Garrett wrote in news:J4KdnWI0cYfBWzTZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

You go over it with some spackle or drywall mud and a putty knife (small areas). Let it dry. It will shrink. Lightly sand with sandpaper or a sanding sponge featheredging larger than the hole.. If not flush, respackle and do again. If the area spackled is a good size, once painted over you will see it as a duller spot in certain light unless you prime it before painting. That can be minimized by hitting it with multiple coats of paint being sure to let it dry 4hrs between coats.

Lotta crap for one little spot. If it bothers you that much, just hanging something over it works too.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Thanks, Roger. I'm going to do that on the smaller of the 2 holes (don't ask -- it was just a very bad paint day). Good to hear that latex will blend -- cause if I had to redo that wall -- ugh!

Reply to
Garrett

Thanks, Al. This is what I thought I'd have to do -- but I wanted a reality check before I broke out the mud. I have to wait for the rest of the paint to dry enough that I can sand the ragged tear without causing more paint to separate from the wall. Will the fun ever end?

Reply to
Garrett

Be sure that you prime the little dob of mud or the spot will absorb more paint and alter the appearance of the repair compared to the surrounding paint.

Reply to
C & E