Latex operating temperatures

I just used sealant on a kitchen p-trap around the little plastic ring (gaskets).
I let it cure for 24 hours and poured a big bucket boiling water down the drain. There was a leak and some white liquid came out.
My question: what is the temperature spec on the latex sealant?
It is GE brand white latex (not silicone) sealant. Tube is marked Tub and Tile and Kitchen and Bath. GE part no GE14183A.
Perhaps there was moisture around the seal and it didn't cure properly.
Thanks, Tim
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hello Tim:
I don't know this particular sealant but check the label; is this sealant intended for gaps between tile and tub, or sink and countertop? If so, it will cure only when exposed to air. Usually for several days. It is unlikely to work as a gasketing material. The same is true of most silicone sealants.
A new plastic trap is not expensive, just a few dollars. I would suggest replacement.
Regards -- Terry
You can buy new gaskets for your p trap for cents. Sealant will just make it harder to pull apart next time.....

I was unclear in the original posting. I have replaced all the plastic rings (gaskets) - a few times actually. The problem is that they don't mate well with the PVC pieces (which I've also replaced). They're lined up properly and tightened correctly, but they still leak ever so slowly. They're lined up horizontally since it is the T-section of a double basin connection.