Laser Level - Robotoolz 3 Beam - Tips, Pointers, Help

I bought my dad a Robotoolz 3 Beam Laser Level for Christmas.....it looked pretty cool for $100. Supposed to be able align things level, square and plumb with it. I was expecting it to project LINES across the axis, but instead it projects a cross hair spot beam at each x, y, and z axis.

I bought a tripod for this laser level.....but how exactly am I supposed to use it? Do I have to move the tripod around and mark 2 spots on the same wall to hang a picture?

Is there a detailed web site on how a novice can use this laser level for practically home repair type jobs? I have a $40 laser level from Sears, and it projects lines....much easier to hang a picture with this than the $100 3 beam, laser level.

Any tips on pointers would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.....Chris

Reply to
Chris Hagler

That kinda sucks.

No, you use it like a transit. You level the tripod in the center of the room, or wherever works for what you're doing. It has to be perfectly level or nothing works right. It has a bubble level on top right?

OK, now you shoot it to where you're hanging your pic and make a mark, rotate the laser without moving the tripod to where the next picture goes and make a mark, repeat all the way round the room if necessary. What it guarantees you is that all marks are the same height from the floor where the tripod is, get it? This is the way surveyors do it.

Only if the laser line is level. One degree of tilt and your pics are way off.

Reply to
Bruce

If its like the Robotoolz laser, that was on sale at Lowes this week for $45, with tripod and case, it is NOT used for hanging pictures...but for more along the lines of setting footers...foundation height...etc... It does not spin, or throw a line..it shoots exactly what you stated..and it is used as a reference point for such as above.

Reply to
CBhvac

That sucks and is useless if it doesn't spin. I've sure never seen a transit that doesn't spin.

Reply to
Bruce