Large wattage CFL with small base

I am looking for a high wattage CFL with a min-candelabra base. I have found 40 and 60 watt equivalent ones, but they are sadly very dim. This is for a small ceiling fan light that takes 2 such lamps. The lamps are behind a amber/white tinted bowl. I figured that daylight CFLs might give a little more light as the bowl would filter the light to look more like incandescent ... but no, it looks real weird and is still dim. I was going to try the so-called full-spectrum units, but I don't think, without getting a larger wattage, it's going to matter. BTW, I've Googled this and found 1, but it was a daylight lamp and cost $18 a pop.
On 10/11/2010 3:50 PM, Art Todesco wrote:

If you wanted to do a modification, I saw a CFL the size of a football when I was at Light Bulb Depot. I think it was an 80watt lamp but it has a standard Edison base.
TDD

Well, I've been searching for a 60 watt equivalent candelabra base that's dimmable, in either a CFL or a LED. I'll let you know if I find yours, if you let me know if you find mine!

I should have read your post more carefully. Base adapters wouldn't be a great option for wall sconces. :(
In a fixture where the bulb is more hidden the adapter wouldn't matter but in a wall sconce the adapter would be visible.
here's the best I've found so far
http://www.greenelectricalsupply.com/dimmable-cfl-dimmable-candelabra-base-e12-compact-fluorescent-bulb.aspx
cheers Bob

Dimmable 14 Watt Spiral Compact Fluorescent Bulb / Candelabra Base
not cheap & not very pretty but ........
http://www.lightbulbsdirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=24514-ADIM-CAND&Category_Code=CFDimmable&Store_Code=001

I think there is going to be some dimmers coming out soon for regular cfl's. I'm waiting to see what happens there.