Large crack between garage & driveway

There used to be an piece of material between the two. It is now gone and the crack is about an 1 1/2" deep and an 1" wide. Can I just use concrete to fill this or should I use some type of caulking?

Reply to
TC

It would be helpful to getting the best answer if you would tell the group what material the driveway is made of and what temperature swings your area gets.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

On 11/28/2004 11:35 AM US(ET), TC took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Was this 'gone' material an expansion joint filler? If so, any concrete you put in this crack will only crumble out again as the driveway expands and contracts. Get a new expansion joint filler. Quikrete makes them in 5' lemgths.

willshak

Backer rod and polyurethane caulk.

Reply to
Erma1ina

Both are concrete. Area is central FL. I used an expansion joint caulking betweem my porch and walkway. So far, that looks pretty good and is flexible so it allows expansion and contraction.

Reply to
TC