Laptop Motherboard

Assuming that only top level traces were cut. Many motherboards have 6-12 layers in the PCB. You will not be able to fix inner level traces.

Assuming that no traces had critical timing signals which adding repair traces will change the impedance and screw up timing thus cause crashes if it did ever boot again.

Best bet is to try and salvage the LCD display for some kind of project or desktop monitor.

Reply to
PipeDown

Hi, We're talking about etch run traces of one fifth of a thousand inch and up. Even nero surgeon would have trouble soldering them together. One possibility is jumpering them from adjacent eyelet to eyelet of both sides.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

There you go .;>) Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

Why do I continuously hear the sound of a troll reeling in a fish?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

-> I took a knife to my laptop and cut several circuits on my laptop's

-> motherboard for reasons which will not be stated. I now want to fix it

-> up, but I don't know where to start. What materials do I need, and how

-> would I go about fixing these circuits. I know exactly where I made my

-> cuts, and I was thinking I could take some copper wire or something and

-> lay it down, maybe solder it on? But, I don't know if this is the best

-> way. Thank you for your time and interest.

I've heard that duct tape can fix just about anything.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

I'm afraid he can't read the replies. He's already cut the cables on his computer. I can't tell you why.

mm

Oh, that's right. He cut up his computer, then sent a message with it to ask how to repair it.

I smell tuna.

Or some kind of fish.

Or maybe something fishy.

Or maybe a troll.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

typical repair would be to take a small piece of wire and jumper over the cut traces, soldering it in on either end. You may need to clean off the solder locations with nail polish remover to get off any protective coating. Use a hot air gun and not a soldering iron if you can.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Try cutting some masking tape & taping outside the trace for about 1/4" on either side of the break. Clean the trace as well as you can. Paint on a little conductive paint or "rear window defroster repair" compound. Have used this successfully on CPU's & keyboards.

Ray