Landscape lights that lean/tilt over

Is there a way to prevent landscape lights from tilting over? I installing some junk solar lights and they constantly leaned, or fell off their mounts when dragging a hose etc... Well I have decided to go the low-voltage route this time (solar led lights were never bright enough) and I want to know if there are any tricks to prevent the lights from tilting over. I thought of either getting larger mounts somehow that go deeper in the ground, or possibly cementing them into minuture footing (perhaps a bit extreme). Also, I need to run some type of conduit through the footing to resist reaction with the concrete. Any idears? Thanks.

Reply to
snoopy_

If you buy good quality fixtures, either low or line voltage, they'll mount to a half inch threaded hole. You can buy "rocket" posts which are about 18" long, which give good support or "Kim" makes a thing called a "J-2" which is a bell box poured in a trapezoid block of cement and you screw a cover plate with half inch threaded tap in it to mount the fixtures

Reply to
RBM

Thanks, I think this is exactly what I was looking for. Is this kim product "

" ? I checked some of the J2X mounting options and it indicated NPT and NPSM type mounts, are they thread type definitions? What is the difference? I checked "
" but I think I have to check out the lighting system I'm going to buy and see what the requirement is, NPT or NPSM, is that the way to go? Thanks.

Reply to
snoopy_

You want NPT, but I made a mistake, The J-2 is just a plain cast iron box, not the one cast in concrete. I haven't used either in years, I'm really partial to the rocket posts or "RAB" mounting posts. They are easier to install and water doesn't collect in them

Reply to
RBM