Landsaping beams - the pr

M > Hi, Does anyone know the proper name for the landscaping wood beam M > (4 x 4, maybe 4 x 5) that people use in landscaping projects? I see M > them all over the place, in people's yards, but HD only has the green M > pressure treated ones. M > M > The ones I see already installed seem to be treated with a black/brown M > sealant (is it tar?) of some kind.
Perhaps railroad ties? It's the support lumber under the metal rails. The black-brown stuff is creosote - nasty stuff to get off hands, clothing; don't even think about flooring!! If you need to cut use a tree branch trim saw: one that has a very deep-toothed blade. I think one can use short sections of rebar through the ties for stability. Drill holes.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971