Land surveyed, new concrete bound removed by neighbor...

Page 2 of 2
get a survey marked out and , Stand by It with paint and markers, if they refuses to abide go to court , or ??? kiss her ass if it issnt a hogs ass . Mine is a Cows ass..
Zadigvolta wrote:

File a criminal complaint with the Sheriff.
You might also check to see what the setback requirement is. His house may be too close to your property.
I would put up a chain link fence one inch inside the property line.
(the fence is your cheapest effective option if the Sheriff won't do anything)
Bob
Thank you everyone! I meet with the original surveyor who put in the concrete boundary markers, tomorrow. He told me that there is a $500. fine and/or a prison term of 6 months in our state for whoever tampers with a boundary marker. I am very tempted to pull out the tree, the bricks, etc. and throw them on his land and may still do that, in order to put the pressure on him, however, the surveyor advises against it, as we may get him legally. So we will get a drawn plat showing the encroachment as suggested by Colbyt, will make a cheap copy, send it to him, give him 15 days in the accompanying certified letter, and then pull out the tree, bricks, plastic fence, etc. if he doesn't. Calling the sheriff sounds very good too, as we have one who would really follow through. All your answers are very appreciated! Proper knowledge = decisive action. Thanks, Joe
On 30 Nov 2004 22:08:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (Zadigvolta) wrote:
How much does it cost to surveyed the land and which States?

(Zadigvolta) wrote:

In Lexington, Kentucky a residential survey of a residential lot with corner stakes in a subdivision can vary between $200 and $700. It does pay to shop around. All registered surveyors pass the same test and have the same insurance. Overhead and profit are the difference.
Colbyt