land area for tax / appraisal purposes

I need to list the square footage of my property (land only value) on a tax related form but I couldn't get the info from my tax appraisal district because they don't list the value yet.
My question is, if I go to my survey and look at the dimensions of my lot and home, is the "land" value (for tax purposes) including the area of the home on the lot or without the area of my home on the lot? I ask this because they ask for the area of "land" and "building" separately. Inotherwords, if my lot is say 60' x 100' and my home is say 1000 sqft., is the sq footage of "land" 6,000 sqft or 5,000 sqft for tax / appraisal purposes?
thanks in advance
Mike wrote: "My question is, if I go to my survey and look at the dimensions of my lot and home, is the "land" value (for tax purposes) including the area of the home on the lot or without the area of my home on the lot? I ask this because they ask for the area of "land" and "building" separately. Inotherwords, if my lot is say 60' x 100' and my home is say 1000 sqft., is the sq footage of "land" 6,000 sqft or 5,000 sqft for tax / appraisal purposes?" _____________________________________ Re; The land "under the house" is not excluded from the total; at least not in my state of S.C. The land area is used to assess the land value; regardless of structures. The structure square footages are used to assess their values regardless of the value of the land value upon which they sit. Hope that helps... Dan Akers
Mike wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, land is land and it includes all the land that you have covered up with grass trees and buildings.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Find out the insured value of the home (replacement cost of the structure) from the insurance company (or get a quote for same) then subtract that from your sale price and you have the value of the land (roughly). Your land is land whether it has a house on it or not so you have a 6000 SF lot with a 1000 SF structure on it
<Mike> wrote in message

<Mike> wrote in message

Land is still land, even if it is under a building. That is a temporary situation easily rectified by a front end loader. The building adds value to the land.
If you look at your homeowners insurance, the replacement value of the house is not equal to the selling price because land is included in the selling price.
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:52:51 -0600, Mike wrote:

Forgot to ask do you also include any easements thru your property as part of your land?
Yes, you own the land. An easement gives someone else the right to cross your land or use it for utility access but they do not own your land.
Bob
<Mike> wrote in message

<Mike> wrote in message

There is something adrift here. Area is measured in square feet and value is measured in dollars.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs