LAMP HANGER ?

I want to hang a "swag" lamp over the kitchen table.
The ceiling joists are 24" on center.
The hanging point would be between two joists.
There's no access from above.
I've seen hanging brackets that bridge between two joists. How do you affix it to the joists ? I figure I'll be working through a 4" (?) access hole.....
???? <rj>
How heavy is the lamp? Most swag lights will hang just fine from a drywall toggle bolt ir even an EZanchor
On 23 Sep 2004 04:57:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote:

I'm guessing the lamp weighs 5 lbs or less.
True, there are no teen-age kids in the house to swing from it.
Toggle bolt ?? I guess I could try it. If the lamp drops, I could always look for "Plan B".
<rj>
Barjees:
BS> I want to hang a "swag" lamp over the kitchen table. BS> BS> The ceiling joists are 24" on center. BS> BS> The hanging point would be between two joists. BS> BS> There's no access from above. BS> BS> I've seen hanging brackets that bridge between two joists. BS> How do you affix it to the joists ? BS> I figure I'll be working through a 4" (?) access hole..... Another option would be to mount the swag from a decorative medallion which is screwed into the joists.
We've had several kitchen lights swagged over the table - molly bolt in the ceiling, has never fallen down. The current fixture has five arms and globes, so it's not a light-weight.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Stupid; politically correct. Her sewing machine's out of thread
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971