Laminated flooring problem (continued)

Thanks to advice I got here I bought bought a Jamb Saw and it worked great.
Problem remains that I have yet to find a 2-1/2 threshold. They all seem to be either 2" or 3".
I've checked with Home Depot, Lowes, and every laminate and/or carpet store I found online or in the yellow pages within 50 miles of me.
Any ideas?
Dick
On 1/23/2011 11:51 PM, Dick Adams wrote:

Buy the 3" size and have it cut to 2-1/2" ?
?

Exactly. The store may not do it for you, but anyone with a tablesaw could. Chances are, a neighbor, co-worker, relative has one.
Dick Adams wrote:

A. If you have a router table, you can make your own.
B. Don't bother calling the laminate stores - they won't have a good selection, if any at all. You need to call a millwork shop. Google search for "molding (your city)" A largish shop will have literally hundreds of styles and sizes in fifteen different woods (from teak to several kinds of oak to pine).