Laminated floor install

I am considering installing a laminated floor to my kitchen , floor size approximated 18X20 with various door way to the pantry ,mud room, broom closet.
The house is 10 yrs old, I had a good builder (custom built), so it should be square, are there good instruction video's out there?
I am not sure which way to run the planks, east/west or north /south.
I am afraid of starting out and getting down to the last board and being wider on one end than the other.
Thanks Tom
tflfb wrote:

There are plenty of instructional videos or articles on the Internet. The manufacturer of the planks will have instructions too. Definitely get their instructions.
Some tips for you: Planks generally run in the direction of the exterior light. Another choice would be along the long side of the room, but yours is nearly square. Get all the transitions (room to room) before hand so you will understand how they must be installed before bringing the planks up to the door edges. I got in trouble there. Measure the width of the room and determine if the first row of planks must be ripped. You don't want a thin strip at the end. Generally you will be safe if you remove 2 inches from the first row. Decide if you want to remove baseboard or put down quarter round to trim the edges. You should also remove appliances to run the planks underneath them for a much better look and installation.
There are specific instruction per each manufacture about the minimum width and length of boards. Also warranties vary. We used Mannington. Call their help line and ask them to fax you their PROFESSIONAL instructions. Probably can do the same for other brands. Read all warranties. Most are worthless especially regarding moisture. We thought Mannington was reasonable and clear.

size
broom
should
/south.