Laminate vs. Engineered Flooring?

Hi, I'd like to replace the carpet downstairs in our raised ranch with wood flooring. Since this will be installed on a concrete floor true hardwood is out. I know the Pergo type stuff can be installed on concrete but I'm not real impressed by the product. I've heard of engineered flooring but I'm not familiar with it. Is it better than the laminate type flooring? Can it be installed on concrete? Is it very expensive and where do I get it? Thanks, Jeff
Pergo is a name brand for laminate flooring. There are other makers of the material. You may like theirs better. I used Pergo in my bathroom and didn't like working with it and wouldn't use it again. I did a search for engineered flooring and it seems to be a natural wood products with a super tough topcoat. http://www.kingoffloors.com/realwood.html
I've never heard of this material before but it looks very interesting.

is
What ever you do, read the warranties. Mannington's seem more reasonable than Pergo and some others from Europe. Don't believe lifetime warranty unless you read the fine print.

wood
hardwood is

real
it