laminate plank replacement

I installed laminate flooring a few years ago and over the course of time some good dings have developed from dropped tools or other heavy objects. I must replace the individual planks but there is no easy way of doing this as I can see. Fortunately I used quarter-round to hold it down and can pull that up easily enough but dissasembling the whole floor to get to one plank seems daunting. Are there any tricks or procedures to separate the planks? This flooring is similar to tounge-and-groove and doesn't have any special locking characteristics.
|I installed laminate flooring a few years ago and over the course of | time some good dings have developed from dropped tools or other heavy | objects. I must replace the individual planks but there is no easy way | of doing this as I can see. Fortunately I used quarter-round to hold | it down and can pull that up easily enough but dissasembling the whole | floor to get to one plank seems daunting.
Are there any tricks or| procedures to separate the planks?
cut down the middle with a circular saw (with the depth of the blade a hair less than the thickness of the flooring) ripping the bad board in half. then remove both halves.
removing the board is the easy part. the trick is installing the replacement.
This flooring is similar to | tounge-and-groove and doesn't have any special locking characteristics.
thats a good thing
That is why people like the click non glued stuff that can be disassembled and reassembled several times. Some can't so be sure to buy the right brand next time around.