Laminate Kitchen Cabinet Repair

I have typical white laminate cabinets with fake wood edging. They are about 12 years old and the wood edging is deteriorating and peeling. Does anyone know if material is available to repair the wood edgings.

Reply to
Rich Anton

nospambob

A quick search on google show this site can supply you with banding:

Set iron to the hottest setting and run once over the edge with the iron and follow the iron with a block of wood to hold the tape down while it cools. Don't let the iron sit too long on the veneer.

Trim the tape with a sanding block, file, plane knife or plane. I prefer using a plane but watch out for funky grains.

To do a square box cut the top and bottom tapes 1/8" or less short of the inside dimension of the box and glue those first. Then butt the vertical pieces to them.

Reply to
Gary