Laminate installtion and hiding gap (no trim)

Hi,

I'm about to install laminate flooring and noticed that I will have to cut around a couple of radiators. How can I cover/fill/hide the gap between the laminate and the radiator? Beading? Sealant?

Any help would be great!

Thanks and happy holidays!

-J

Reply to
coolneo

The only radiators I'm familiar with, are disconnected with the flooring running under them, then the radiator is reset. Since I'm not involved with the disconnect or reset, I can't give you the slightest hint how this is done.

If you must cut _around_ them, you can use one of the trim pieces such as an _end trim_ or we carry a box of samples of oak/poplar/mdf to see which trim piece looks best. Just use a trim that flows and incorporates into the rest of your woodwork. You don't want a piece of trim that looks out of place. Of course you will want to stain/finish b/4 installing or mdf the crew usually paints afterwards.

If you use an end molding, silicone then set the molding into place. Other moldings we silicone, brad nail to hold and the silicone will hold in place. Do _NOT_ nail trim through the laminate floor.

Reply to
Jimbo