Laminate flooring under the 'fridge?

I'm about to finish my kitchen remodel, finally...
I have Shaw laminate for the floor and I am wondering how to handle the problem of "under the 'fridge".
What will happen if I just lay it down and slide the 'fridge over it? Is this a no-no? What, if any, are my options?
David djones <at> LSidaho.com
David - 05 KTM 200EXC djones<at>LSidaho.com http://www.spodefest.net/rmd
Try to use the wheels as opposed to sliding it.
Also we have laminate in the kitchen, don't know the brand, and the heat of the compressor (which is just a few inches above the floor) caused the laminate to get mucked up, after a couple years. I put a thick piece of cardboard on the floor under where the compressor is to protect it.
On 6 May 2005 09:20:05 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Oops, that's what I really meant

My concern is the fact the floor is no longer "floating" there and what, if any, problems that may cause.
Appearance wise, I can probably just run the edge of the laminate up to the wheels/supports but then there's the problem of getting the fridge to roll up over the edge (if/when I need to slide it out) w/o damaging the laminate.
David
We have Mannington laminate in a kitchen for a year and a half and the only problem with it being under the refrigerator is that the refrigerator tends to move a bit when you open or close it. The floor is still floating per se. Purpose of floating is so it can expand and contract and refrigerator won't prevent that.

On Fri, 06 May 2005 16:43:13 GMT, "Art"

Thanks, my mind is at ease...
David
Putting the fridge on the laminate floor will be fine, that won't cause the floor to stop 'floating' and buckle. Mine is just fine. Just be careful not to scratch it while sliding/ rolling the fridge into place, though this isn't as big a problem as you might think, laminate is tougher than it looks. As long as you don't trap any sand or grit under the wheels or glides you should be fine.
--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

Thanks, what I needed to know.

Damn, I guess this means I can't use my usual handful of gravel as a lubricant? <G>
David