laminate flooring on stairs?

I am wondering about how well my install will go on a stairwell.Would it be best to pull off the old linoleum and glue the laminate to the plywood or can I leave the old linoleum on and glue to it? thx.dave.
snipped-for-privacy@home.com, 2/6/2007, 10:23:09 AM,

I believe manufacturers have different suggestions. What does yours say? Check out the website.

Pull off the linoleum or you can have a problem later.