laminate flooring

I am installing laminate flooring in my work / landuary room. Since it is a floating floor system,the question I have ...is it ok to place a washer and dryer on the laminate flooring ? Will the floor move with the washer/dryer? Should I nail it to the concrete floor under the applances?
Thanks for any help Ed
Ed Kaz wrote:

Laminate flooring can refer to many different kinds of flooring. I suggest you check with the manufacturer
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
The floor will float with the appliances on it. Don't nail it or it will buckle at the seams.
Make sure you use a good vapor barrier if directly over concrete.
Because of the humidity and opportunity for standing water in a laundry room - laminate may not be the best choice.
I would recommend, vinyl or ceramic tile.
"Ed Kaz" wrote

Never install laminate flooring in an area that has an open floor drain. This may or may not apply to your situation.
Also, never nail a floating floor, that's a sure way to get buckling.
It is fine to set washer/dryer on a floating floor.
I have installed 3/4" wax coated wood subfloor with plastic channel on bottom (over concrete).This lets water flow to any drain and keeps moisture from concrete. Thanks for the info.
Ed

In one of my workshops is the floor drain.
I levelled the subfloor 3 inches above the concrete.
I routered out a hole over the drain and secured a grill to the laminate.
If I need access to the drain - its there.
We installed Mannington laminate click flooring at my parent's townhome in the laundry room (and other rooms including bath and kitchen) and it is doing great. Only quibble is dryer can be easily moved if someone leans on it. Front load washer which is known to tend to vibrate does well on the floating clicked together floor.