Laminate Flooring

I have bleached oak kitchen cabinets, with a pink tint to them.
Would golden oak laminate flooring look OK, or would you go with a bleached oak laminate to match the cupboards?
My home is 12 years old, and I know the bleached oak cabinets are outdated, but mine are in perfect condition, so I hate to replace them.
Is there any particular direction to install the flooring, or is it a personal preference?
TIA.
Kate

Golden oak should be fine, as would most any color.
Install is usually running the longest dimension of the room.

Colors are not my thing!
The directions within the package offer instructions about running the seams with or against the primary light source. I know it was not possible to follow them in all of the 3 rooms I did and IMO it looks fine either way.
I would run the "planks" with the long dimension the same as the long dimension as the room unless there was a compelling reason not to do so.
Colbyt wrote:

walk into the room.
Lou
Thank you Lou. Great info.