Laminate floor squeaky

I had some QuickStep laminate flooring installed a while back. And I'm not sure if I didn't notice it then or it just started happening, but my floor creaks really loud when I walk on it. It is especially noticeable in areas where there are not any furniture to weigh it down. I'm assuming this means that it is uneven? The contractor that installed it used 4-5 bags of float to level my floor. I guess he didn't do a good job? Is there anything I can do now to stop this? It's quite annoying. Thanks.
I would say live with it. When you put in a cheap fake wood floor you can expect some disagreeable side effects.

Could be a lot of reasons, not just that the floor is uneven.
Did he allow enough room at the perimeter for expansion? Was the floor laid in cooler dryer weather and now it is expanding and causing buckling? If the floor is hitting hte wall, it may be possible to relieve the ends to allow it to lay flat again. It may lay down once hte weather changes also.
We laid it down May two years ago so I don't think it's the weather. Along the wall edge he put down the 1/4 round pieces to hide the cracks so I'm not sure how close to the walls he actually laid it. However, being that when I walk close to the walls or close to furniture pieces it doesn't squeak, and when I walk out in the open areas it does... I'm not sure that's the reason. However, if I have to live with it I guess I'll have to. I just wish there was something I could do.