laminate floor question - wood filler?

I recently have laminate floor installed in my apartment, after the installation I noticed that some of the boards have gaps ( about the size of 1- 1.5mm) between them. I talked to the installer and they replied that it was normal and it happens often. However, the gaps really bug me. Is there anything I can do to fill the gaps? I purchased some wood filler from Home Depot in the same color as the floor. Does anybody know if the wood filler will work on the laminate floor?

Reply to
chinlin

The installer is lazy and is feeding you a line. He did a lousy job. If you want to fix it yourself pull up the baseboard at the closest end and use a pull bar to slowly tap the board ends closer together.

Reply to
badgolferman

What brand and model floor? Is it a click together or glue together?

Reply to
Art

Wood filler will fill the gap(s), but it'll look worse than terrible.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

Do you own the apartment? If so, get them back to fix it. If they don't, then it depends on how you paid. Can you stop payment on the check. If it was a credit card, then you may be able to dispute the charges. Call your credit card company. Write them a certified letter, because you'll need that if you take them to small claims court. If they were a sub-contractor of a store, then write the store a letter also. If you don't own the apartment, then it may be best if the owner goes after them.

Reply to
Bob