Laminate Floor Question

Does dirt accumulate in the seams of light colored laminate wood floor covering, like it does on vinyl tile squares.
Thanks
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net wrote:

I have Wilsonart Estate Plus laminate squares in the kitchen and the joints are so tight, no dirt could possibly accumulate. If the floor is installed correctly, the joints should be that tight.

No. The tiny cracks are filled with the covering of your choice, preferably some nice looking floor wax. PJ
"PJx" wrote in message

You do not wax laminate floors. The manufacturers even say _never_ wax. On a decent grade of laminate (most major manufacturers), if the install is good you won't have any cracks.

Thats true, but mine is less than 3 years old and the most used areas already require a liquid wax to look half decent.
PJ
PJx wrote:

Wow, mine is six years old and look perfect. It is the most heavily travelled part of the house from the kitchen to the stairs to the front door and family room.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net
"PJx" wrote in message

On the personel note, I have 11+ yrs. on my laminate. Looks as good as the day I put it down. Gone through a playful Labrador, and have a Rottweiler that loves play catch in the house. I will be tearing it up for some remodeling work, but will only install quality once again.
I have two small dogs and there inside dogs but they do have dirty paws from time to time. I currently have a off white sheet vinyl floor in the kitchen that is porous and dirt does get in the pores and I have to work my ass off to keep it clean, we were looking at a light maple colored laminate, but I don't want to have to clean the seams, where it joins together.
Tom

I just purchased a Hoover 3000 hard floor cleaner. I am impressed. The return water is terrible color and the dirt it picks up is mind boggling. I have 2 dogs and never thought it was this bad. I recently had back surgery and I can not push and pull a mop around like I used to.
Well worth the $169.00 at target I spent. Ceramic tile, what a job it does.... Granted it does not do corners and it only gets with in a 1/2 inch of the sides. Still better than a mop and bucket.