Ladders- where do I go?

I'm looking for a ladder for my loft, but I need it to be a specific height. It has to be at least 190cm, and no more than 210cm. (It's a wierd kind of loft- don't ask!)
Trouble is, I can find a ladder of that length anywhere. Anyone got any suggestions? Preferably not for too expensive.
Metal, wood? Tilting, like for an attic?
I think from some mills you can buy side whats-its, that hold the treads, just slap the treads on, and voila, you got not just a ladder, but a decent stairway. Which could be made portable, as well.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

How about buying a longer wooden ladder and cutting it to fit? If there are metal braces or tie rods, relocate them as necessary?
On 18 Nov 2006 13:43:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Do they make two meter stepladders in the UK? If they do, take the two halves apart and use one of them.
I have no idea how long 190cm is. Metrics confuse me :-) Do what I did. I needed a ladder for the loft in my shed last week. So I built one from 2x4's. I have a nice, heavy-duty, permanent ladder now.
If you don't want to built, then buy a long one and cut it down.

On 18 Nov 2006 13:43:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Pull the feet out farther, that will pull the top down.
Or buy two lengths of 2x3, and and some closet rod.