ladder that levels and doesn't sink in soil?

There are all sorts of things that you can bolt on to the ladder, but I like something else. I have an old Bell Telephone ladder leveling block/wedge. It's about 7x12 and is about six inches high at the highest point. There are steps on the top edge that allow the ladder to be leveled. It serves to level the ladder and distribute the load over a wider area keeping the ladder from sinking in.

The bolt on levelers, some of them, can compensate for a big difference in leg heights. The block doesn't do that, but it doesn't add to the ladder weight when you're not using it. It's a nice thing to have and very easy to make. It works well with any ladder.

RicodJour

Not the good solution you're looking for, but I keep two pieces of plywood handy to put under the legs. I use exterior CDX because it's rough enough to not get slippery and of course don't paint them. I keep meaning to put "shoulders" on it for two of the ladder feet, but never seem to get around to it. Oh well >g>.

I"ve never seen what you're asking about, but an integral solution would be nice. I'd pay a couple dollars for it, not a lot.

HTH,

Pop

Reply to
Pop

I find it hard to use a ladder in soil (my lawn) because the terrain is not level, and because one or more legs want to sink into the soil.

I know there are bolt-on leg leveler. However, I use an A-ladder, is there something to bold on to the non-stepping side as well? Also, are there "big feet" I can bolt on the ladder/leg leveler so they don't sink in soil?

Reply to
peter