Ladder shoes

Have a household grade aluminum extension ladder, 20 years old or older, whose rungs are in great shape, There are no signs of wear or damage on any of the metal parts. The two sections are each about 15 ' long. I used to paint the house with it. 15 years ago we installed siding, thus I only use it for minor repairs.

The rubber piece that attaches to the bottom of one of the shoes has come off making the ladder unbalanced when setting up. Would like to replace the rubber on both shoes as the other side shows signs of wear and abuse. Also, the rotating shoe on the missing rubber side can be a pain in the neck to set up as the swivel unit doesn't work smoothly. Replacing both shoes would be ideal. However, it might be impractical or difficult to replace.

Thought about buying a replacement rubber piece, so I looked for the brand name on the ladder. Couldn't find one. So, I assume it was a no-name brand or came off somehow.

Did a Google search and didn't come up with much. Louisville Ladders does have a shoe kit selling for $45,

The shoe mechanism for my ladder is different than the Louisville model. I would have to drill holes in my ladder to accommodate a new set up. Not sure if that might affect the integrity or strength of the ladder.

Are their any other solutions that might work? I could buy a new ladder for about $300, but I really don't use it all that often.

Reply to
Charlie S.

Charlie,

Swimming pool supply stores sell replacement rubber padding in sheets. So do many industrial supply stores.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel