Ladder Safety

I am looking to repair a section of my fascia. Because the working surface is a slanted roof, I am looking for some ideas to do the job in a safe manner. Take a look at the link for a picture of the fascia board that needs to be repaired. Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
http://mropartner.com/RoofTop.htm
google "little giant ladders"
Bgreer5050 wrote:

Counting the siding courses indicates that the higher soffit repair is about 6' above the lower roof. You should be able to reach that without assistance. The lower repair can be done from pretty much any ladder. I'm not sure what you're indicating needs repair with that line at the lower roof.

that one is easy. Looks like about a 3:12 pitch. You can do it with a ladder that has an extendable foot for uneven surfaces. Put wide pads under the ladder feet so they wont wreck you shingles.
I had to do facia repairs on a 10:12 pitch roof. Much more exciting.
Frank
Did you use an extendable foot for the 10:12 ?

No, can't be done. I built a work platform that I hooked over the peak of the roof and let it hang down. Kind of like a fancy ladder laying on the roor. My facia work was just a couple of feet above the lower roof line. My challenge was just being able to stay on the roof to do the work.
Frank