La-Z-Boy Recliner

How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out of the recliner?

Reply to
gcotterl

It sounds like it is not retracting all the way. Look for an obstruction.

Reply to
gfretwell

No obstruction.

The leg-rest fully retracts against the recliner but when I get out of the recliner, it extends out.

Reply to
gcotterl

Sounds like you're pulling on the arms to pull yourself forward instead of pushing down on the arms to lift yourself up.

Reply to
Red

Get ahold of a lazy-boy dealer. Those mechanisms have a lifetime warranty.

Reply to
Steve Barker

No. The leg-rest swings out when I'm no longer in the recliner.

Reply to
gcotterl

ummm...Ghosts?

I'd start with a call to Lazy-Boy and see if they'll cover it under warranty.

If they won't, I'd look for an independent upholster that does furniture repair.

My very last choice would be a Lazy-Boy dealer.

That's akin to taking your car to a dealership for minor repairs.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Ought to be able to hold it down with drywall screws, or duct tape.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Northe

Reply to
Northe

ummm...Ghosts?

I'd start with a call to Lazy-Boy and see if they'll cover it under warranty.

If they won't, I'd look for an independent upholster that does furniture repair.

My very last choice would be a Lazy-Boy dealer.

That's akin to taking your car to a dealership for minor repairs.

reply: Lay the rocker/recliner on its side on the carpet. There usually are wing nuts to tighten/loosen the apparatus. If you can not fix it, turn in your tools.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend.

Steve B

The wing nuts only control the tension on the seat back reclining sliders. The hold down part is that "C" shaped doodad on the square shaft that the handle operates. There should be a big spring on that "C" that goes over center about the time the foot rest gets to the first notch up. Maybe the spring broke.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'd just like to point out that different recliners might have different set-ups. If you are specifically talking about a Lazy-Boy, that's good for the OP.

I only mention that because my Lane recliner won't allow the foot rest to go up unless the back is reclined. Since I know that that is different than some other manufacturers, the inner workings of different brands of recliners might not be the same.

I'm gonna check my Lane when I get home to see if matches your description. You've got me curious.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Not all Lazy-Boy mechanisms are the same, either.

Reply to
keith