La-Z-Boy Recliner

How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out of the recliner?
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:33:04 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl

It sounds like it is not retracting all the way. Look for an obstruction.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 12, 9:28 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

No obstruction.
The leg-rest fully retracts against the recliner but when I get out of the recliner, it extends out.
Add pictures here
✖

Sounds like you're pulling on the arms to pull yourself forward instead of pushing down on the arms to lift yourself up.
Add pictures here
✖

No. The leg-rest swings out when I'm no longer in the recliner.
Add pictures here
✖

ummm...Ghosts?
I'd start with a call to Lazy-Boy and see if they'll cover it under warranty.
If they won't, I'd look for an independent upholster that does furniture repair.
My very last choice would be a Lazy-Boy dealer.
That's akin to taking your car to a dealership for minor repairs.
Add pictures here
✖

ummm...Ghosts?
I'd start with a call to Lazy-Boy and see if they'll cover it under warranty.
If they won't, I'd look for an independent upholster that does furniture repair.
My very last choice would be a Lazy-Boy dealer.
That's akin to taking your car to a dealership for minor repairs.
reply: Lay the rocker/recliner on its side on the carpet. There usually are wing nuts to tighten/loosen the apparatus. If you can not fix it, turn in your tools.
Steve
✖
On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 07:26:21 -0700, "Steve B"

The wing nuts only control the tension on the seat back reclining sliders. The hold down part is that "C" shaped doodad on the square shaft that the handle operates. There should be a big spring on that "C" that goes over center about the time the foot rest gets to the first notch up. Maybe the spring broke.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 13, 12:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I'd just like to point out that different recliners might have different set-ups. If you are specifically talking about a Lazy-Boy, that's good for the OP.
I only mention that because my Lane recliner won't allow the foot rest to go up unless the back is reclined. Since I know that that is different than some other manufacturers, the inner workings of different brands of recliners might not be the same.
I'm gonna check my Lane when I get home to see if matches your description. You've got me curious.
Add pictures here
✖

Not all Lazy-Boy mechanisms are the same, either.
<...>
Add pictures here
✖
Ought to be able to hold it down with drywall screws, or duct tape.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 9/12/2010 9:33 AM, gcotterl wrote:

Get ahold of a lazy-boy dealer. Those mechanisms have a lifetime warranty.
--
Steve Barker
✖

<http://www.la-z-boy.com/Files/ProductManuals/93000287%20General %20Operating%20Instructions.pdf>