Kwickset lock question

I have 3 exterior locksets, the inside portion is a round knob with a button - turn to lock/unlock. I wish to change the round knob on the inside with a lever type. Do I have to change the entire lockset, or can I just changeout the knob to a lever mechanism? Recommended internet websites would be appreciated. tia

Reply to
Shelly

I suggest you just buy a new lockset and see whether you can switch the "inside" part of the set.

If you can't, you can always re-key the new set to use the old keys. It's just a matter of taking the pins out of the old set and putting them (in the same order) in the new set.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
John Gilmer

Kwikset has a couple different quality grades. Tylo, residential, Titan, Ultramax. For the most part, the parts can be interchanged. You may have to buy the entire lock to get the internal lever. It's often cheaper to buy the entire lock, rather than just one knob or lever.

I'd suggest to look in your phone book under "locks and locksmiths" and make a few calls. See what your local tradesmen say.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And not only that, he'll still have a whole lock when he's done, the new outside and old inside.

Reply to
mm